Monday, February 9, 2009

Values

One time that I went against my values was when I made fun of someone in their face. I was still in Gr.8 and afterward I felt horrible. I had made fun of how this person wasn't very smart and how they were different than everyone else. After a few months I looked back and realized that that really wasn't me and I had probably hurt this person's feeling. From that point on I was as courteous with this person as I was with everyone else. This really affected how I act towards people now and it really taught me a lesson.

Changing lanes now, I'll talk about a time I was unexpectedly rewarded for a good deed. I was being my usual self, just being kind and all that sort of stuff, in English and it must have affected them more than what I am used to people feeling. At the end of the week They had brought in pizza for the class and then , unexpectedly, I was offered a piece. I politely declined, but as I was walking away I heard the person say " OK, I go and be super nice but...". Well that comment was like a dagger stuck in my gut and then twisted. So I went back and took a piece. While I took my slice the person said "It's just because you've been so nice to me." That makes all the work I do to help people worth it, when you get a comment like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment